Pierce, Celtics Drop Hornets
Posted by r1zzo23 on November 1, 2009
Another win for the Boston Celtics. It looked like going into the half that the Celtics had a chance to run away with it, but Chris Paul just wouldn’t let it happen. It took a total team effort to secure this win, and that’s exactly what happened. The entire starting five contributed exactly how you would imagine them on a nightly basis and Rasheed came off the bench to chip in 12 points. Here’s a few notes from the game:
- Chris Paul is the quickest & fastest player in the league
- Paul Pierce can still carry a team offensively
- Rajon Rondo thinks he belongs in CP3’s elite group of point guards and was willing to fight him for it
- Rasheed Wallace’s threes may actually energize the crowd more than Eddie House’s
- Peja Stojakovic can still stroke it.
- Kevin Garnett looks fresh and springy, while his jumper is still smooth as ever
- Chris Paul showed in the 3rd quarter alone that, if he wanted, could average 30 points a game
- The Celtics’ big men were just too much for the Hornets (38 points combined for Garnett, Perkins and Rasheed)
- Kendrick Perkins will benefit greatly from that 8-foot jumper he’s developed
- Ray Allen punished Devin Brown and Chris Paul in the post in the 2nd quarter
We’ve run our record to 4-0 and look very good doing so. With an off day tomorrow, we head on the road for a back-to-back at Philadelphia and then at Minnesota. Thursday is a travel day to come home to take on the Phoenix Suns at home Friday, only to head back on the road to New Jersey for a game Saturday night. Four games in five nights will test this team’s stamina. Hopefully we can manage a blowout in one of those games to preserve some of the elder statesmen’s legs.